The dental implant and prosthetic market is projected to reach $6.4 billion this year. With a growing number of Americans growing uncomfortable with the look of their teeth, it’s easy to see why. The dental care industry will be kept busy in the future as Americans use different methods of dental care to restore their smile.
While some may be wary of a trip to the dentist, it’s important to visit the dentist regularly to avoid major issues and ensure the health of your teeth.
The number of people with dentures is growing as nearly 30 million Americans are missing all their teeth in at least one of their jaws. The number of tooth implants is expected to grow as well. Three million people have implants already and that number continues to rise by 500,000 by the year.
There are many advantages to getting dental implants and some of these include:
- More Self Confidence: Nearly 18 percent of people hide their teeth in photos and missing teeth is a big reason why. Most adult Americans are affected by partial edentulism (lack of teeth) and in 15 years that number could grow as high as 200 million. In fact, nearly 15 percent of those who are edentulous have dentures made each year and tooth replacement is a problem that isn’t going away anytime soon. With dental implants, confidence can be restored and you’ll want to show off your smile.
- Convenience: Dentures have benefited scores of people, but they’re not without their troubles. After all, removable dentures are removable for a reason. Dental implants eliminate the annoyances of dentures and are very durable. Assuming they’re taken care of properly, they can last a lifetime.
- Looking good: It’s already been established that missing or broken teeth can cause people to hide their smiles. Dental implants are made to look and feel like natural teeth and because they eventually fuse with bone, they become permanent. With implants that look and feel like their natural teeth, people will look better and feel more confident about they way they look.
- Comfort: Since dental implants eventually become like a natural part of a person’s mouth, they provide a level of comfort not found with removable dentures. Rather than having to deal with denture adhesive and sliding dentures while trying to eat, people can feel at ease with implants because they are natural and make it much easier to enjoy the foods they love.
- Better health: The whole purpose of dental implants is to create and eventually have as natural a look and feel of permanent teeth as possible. Implants are less invasive and leave more of a person’s natural teeth intact as opposed to other tooth-reducing procedures such as bridges.
- Success: The dental implant needs of individuals vary, but in general the success rate of implants is very high, according to WebMD.
While there are many benefits of dental implants, paying for them can be an issue in and of itself. Generally, the cost of dental implants aren’t covered by dental insurance. Getting implants may be covered by a medical plan, but it’s important to check with an insurance provider before going ahead with the procedure.
So how do you find the best dental implant prices? It certainly doesn’t hurt to shop around. Dental implants can be very beneficial and compare favorably cost-wise versus other tooth replacement options. But if you’re paying for them out of your own pocket, it definitely helps to find the best dental implant prices.
Single tooth implants can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $7,500 and it’s important to keep in mind that most of the cost is in the service being provided and not necessarily the tooth. Finding the best dental implant prices can also depend on how much the place offering treatments has to pay for the materials needed to perform the treatment. Keep in mind that the cost for dentures can range from $300 to $5,000 per plate.
Each person’s case for finding the best dental implant prices can also depend on:
- Location, amount and quality of the bone where the implant is needed
- The number of teeth that need replacing and the type of replacement teeth being used
- The appropriate type of implants
- The number of implants needed to support the teeth